8 moves to get rid of thunder thighs
10 Fire Hydrants
- Place your body on an all-fours position. Elbows should be slightly bent.
- Back should be parallel to the ground, not arched or swayed downward.
- Keeping the kneeling position raise left leg out to the side, parallel to the ground. Maintain for a second and slowly return to the initial position.
- Repeat movement with same leg until set is finished. Repeat the exercise using the right leg.
15 Inner Thigh Lifts
- Lie on your left side, flat against the floor.Rest your head on your left upper arm.
- Bend your right (top) leg at the knee and cross over in front of left leg. Rest your right arm on your right hip.
- Keep your left leg straight. Using inner thigh muscle (adductor), lift left leg 6 inches off floor. Keep left toe in flexed position (not a pointed position). Exhale (breathe out) as you lift your leg.
- Using resistance with the inner thigh muscle (not gravity), slowly lower your leg. Inhale (breathe in) as you lower your leg.
- Repeat entire sequence on your right side, step 1-9 (working right adductor muscle).
20 Skater Lunges
- Perform a reverse lunge with your back leg slightly at an angle.
- Leap to the side and bring the opposite leg behind you, only tapping your toe to the ground.
- Immediately jump back the other direction and continue alternating until you feel the burn.
- Form check: Keep your knees bent and stay as low as possible to really work your quads.
15 Plie Squats
- Stand with feet slightly wider than shoulder-width apart with toes turned out, holding lighter dumbbells vertically in front of thighs.
- Keeping abs tight and torso tall, bend knees 90 degrees; keep knees aligned between second and third toes and weight in heels.
- Press back to start; squeeze your glutes.